Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Gulf State Park April 19 -22 2007

Gulf State Park
Gulf Shores, AL
April 19 -22 2007
Site #

We camped with:
Clifford Nabors
Ruth Powell
Patches (the dog)

Cliff and Ruth rented a motor home and came down from Peachtree City, GA on Wednesday. We came out on Thursday.

We had a good time eating together and playing sequence. They did not like Mexican Train because Lou and I had trouble remembering the rules.

We spent some time at Campers World looking at motor homes. Cliff is trying to make up his mind about buying one. He's thinking about a Class C. We also looked at a lot of Fifth Wheels. They are very roomy and very nice. I didn't see anything that I liked better than our motor home though. It's about 50/50 as to Cliff's decision to buy one.

Friday night was very windy. We could feel the whole motor home shake and rock. Lou got up in the night and put the awning in and also pulled in the slides. It felt more stable after that. Considering that the motor home weights 30,000 lbs, that was a lot of wind. The weather was calm by morning.

During one of the bike rides that Lou and Cliff took, Patches got her leash wrapped around Cliff's bike and almost dumped him off.

Cliff and Ruth decided to go home on Saturday morning. I don't think they were having as good a time as we were. Camping is not for everyone. I know they did enjoy the food and company though and I know we really enjoyed having them.

Saturday and Sunday, Lou and I took walks and Lou took bike rides. I hope I can ride my bike next trip out. We really enjoy cooking when we are camping. The food seems to taste better. Maybe its because you don't have much to do but cook, read, walk and ride bikes. Maybe we'll learn to fish!!

This is a great life!!

No comments: